from 01 Dec 2020 till 31 Dec 2021
FAW - writing
Use of creative writing as a means of building a vibrant community and reinforcement of sound thinking in migrants. Introduction into civic engagement opportunities, strengthening personal capacities and more.
Our Solidarity project aims to offer young migrants of Prague a creative and safe place where everybody is welcome to self-express.
The program of the project contains:
1. 6 retreat meetings out of Prague in modest accommodation in a guesthouse. The retreats will take 2-3 days. The main goal is to create a creative and supportive space for productive work on writing pieces. We would like to construct a program for these retreats in accordance with the modern methodology of non-formal education and formal knowledge of the techniques of perfecting our writing skills. Each retreat might enroll by 15 people.
2. 15 sessions with professionals with expertise in the field (Writing skills, Storytelling Skills etc.). Each seminar might enroll up to 20 people.
3. 15 private meetings of the participants to discuss their works and conduct feedback sessions. Each meeting might enroll up to 15 people.
4.PDF collection of our participants' works;
5. Shooted video interview with participants about the project;
6. Mapping of the research materials on the topic for the general public.
We hope that a supportive atmosphere of retreats and with time and space to practice, sessions with professionals and peer-to-peer learning at the meetings in Prague can become a productive and inviting environment for the young migrants to believe in themself and become better in the art of writing. We hope that even for some of them this kind of meaningful leisure time can further on develop into professional identification.
Whilst meeting for preparing this project we agreed that we would like the following topics to become the starting point of our conversation
*Social Media and Mental Health
*Domestic Violence and Abuse
We believe that within these topics we could reveal and express the essence of it for those who are unaware of such issues and encourage them to be supportive; and maybe help those who have suffered from any of them.
We are sure that this project will be a great place for meeting like-minded people, who want to develop and learn new practical information about writing, but also it will be a safe place to process, study, research and create short stories or novels on the problems, which are bothering the young migrants. This project will tackle the problems that are worth speaking and writing about.
This project is funded by the Soliarity Corps (https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en)
The aim of the European Solidarity Corps is to offer young people the opportunity to help those in need, to take part in solving societal problems and to work for a more inclusive society. At the same time, it offers the opportunity to gain new skills and work experience, which will improve their position in the labour market.