Enhancing critical thinking and media literacy in youth to help fight manipulation, propaganda and fake news. Project aimed to train young influencers to engage in active civic and democratic life.
The workshop is part of the EU Youth Myth Busters project and aims to teach linguistic techniques of consciousness control in the media. Includes networking with new people and creating space for possible new projects and youth activities.
During the workshop, you will learn:
● about the most frequent cognitive biases (errors in thinking that occur when people are processing and interpreting information about themselves and the world outside) that impact our perception of the outside world.
● understand how cognitive framing is changing the way we judge and see different situations in our life, including international and local events.
● learn simple rules on how to test the situation if it is fake or not.
● support critical thinking and other critical skills.
● have your personal independent understanding of the ongoing processes in media.
Dr. Valery Senichev
- А psychologist with a focus on PR and HR marketing.
- His main work lies in a strategic project Forbes Ideal Place with a focus on middle and small size companies and its leadership.
- An university teacher with a focus on Public Relations and strategic communication.
- Currently he is a fellow in the international programme United4News. Building Democratic Resilience against Disinformation from Visegrad School of Political Studies.
Networking and education
Why is it free?
This meeting is part of our Youth Mythbusters project. Youth Mythbusters project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.